“The 30-year-old rapper — real name Radric Davis — appeared in a Georgia courtroom yesterday after filing a “Special Plea of Mental Incompetency” … in which he explained he was in no state to “intelligently participate in the probation revocation hearing.”
Gucci is accused of violating his probation by allegedly getting in an altercation during a November traffic stop.
According to the document, the judge ordered Gucci into custody — and immediately committed the rapper into a mental health treatment facility pending an evaluation of his mental condition.
We’re told Gucci is currently at the treatment facility.”
I’m not exactly familiar with the work of Gucci Mane per se. Rap wise, he’s not really my forte, I’m more of a Tech N9ne, Esham, Aesop Rock etc. kind of guy. Well, aside from skimming through Murder Dog magazine and stumbling upon an article about him, I never really paid that much attention to him.
But, If he’s in the midst of a mental breakdown or had previous mental issues that have been unaddressed, this can be a big help for him. If he’s going through some issues and this isn’t some scam as some are trying to imply, then I wish him a speedy recovery.
Leave a comment
- Limp Bizkit and Lil Wayne…”Shit and Vomit” Have Never Tasted Better! by John M. Ellison IV
- McNastee-Runaway Train of Thought review by John M Ellison IV
- My band Jenny Hates Techno’s debut performance
- Cat Scratch Fever Symptoms Include Diarrhea of the Mouth Right? by John M Ellison IV
- Jenny Hates Techno-About a Girl (cover)